The Ethiopia eVisa is an electronic travel authorization which allows visitors to enter the country. It is available to citizens of all countries and it has eliminated the need to physically go to an embassy or consulate or queue at the border for a visa. The application is completed online and only takes a matter of minutes.
What is the Ethiopian eVisa?
The Ethiopian Online Visa was launched to accelerate the process of obtaining a visa for Ethiopia. Citizens from all countries can quickly complete the online application form by answering a series of basic questions.
Applications are normally processed within 24 hours though on rare occasions the process can take up to three (3) days. Once approved the eVisa is sent to the applicant by email.
Travelers can present their eVisa, along with their passport, to the Ethiopian border authorities at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport to gain entry. The electronic visa for Ethiopia is a single-entry visa and applicants have the choice of either a 30-day or 90-day visa.
Who needs a visa for Ethiopia?
The vast majority of travelers need a visa for Ethiopia to be able to enter. Citizens of Kenya can enter without a visa for periods of up to a year and citizens of Djibouti can enter for a period of up to three (3) months visa-free. These are the only two visa-exempt nationalities.
The Ethiopia eVisa has effectively eliminated the need to queue at the border for a visa on arrival as the application can be completed in advance. The eVisa is available to eligible passport-holders form every country.
More about the online visa for Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Online Visa was launched by the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs in Ethiopia in 2017. The eVisa is available to citizens, from every country, whose passports have at least six months remaining from the date of arrival in Ethiopia.
The application form requires applicants to answer a series of basic questions. Travelers need to enter a range of information including their name, date of birth, address, email address, travel plans, and health information.
There will also be some security-related questions. Applicants will be screened by the Ethiopian authorities using security databases when the application is submitted. To complete the application it is necessary to pay a fee using a credit or debit card.
Advantages of applying for your Ethiopia eVisa
- Online application avaliable 24 / 7 / 365
- Review of application by visa experts before being submitted to the Ethiopian government
- Correction of incorrect/missing information by visa experts eg: crosscheck passport data with our exclusive advanced technology API
- Privacy protection and secure form
- Verification and validation of additional information by experts
- Photo and documents editing. We accept all formats (PDF, JPG, PNG) and size of documents up to 8MB
- Email support and assistance 24/7/365 by visa experts in a range of languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Arabic and several more
- Your approved Ethiopian eVISA sent in PDF format
- Recovery of your Ethiopian eVISA via email in case it is misplaced or lost, only with the passport information
- Approved Insurance Policy. Refund if your eVISA application is denied
- Multiple Methods of Payment used worldwide: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, JCB, Maestro, Discover, Diners Club, Alipay and Unionpay